Enter your text here...
Choosing the best Dyson vacuum cleaner for your household can be a frustrating, time-consuming process.
Between dozens of optional accessories and technological advances, Dyson vacuum cleaners can be as pricey as they’re handy. That’s why this article will review and compare the best Dyson vacuum cleaners currently on the market.
After reading this best Dyson vacuum review, you’re guaranteed to know exactly what you’d want and need in a cheap, yet high-class vacuum cleaner.
Top 5 Dyson Vacuums Comparison Chart
|Model||Weight||Dust Trapping||Vacuums Type||What’s Included|
|Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless||23.2 pounds||Canister/HEPA Filtration||Upright||DC33 Animal Vacuum Manual|
Telescope Reach WandStair Tool
|Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum||4.5 pounds||Washable filter/non-HEPA||Cord-Free||Crevice tool|
|Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free(Editor's Choice)||5.8 pounds||Whole-Machine HEPA Filtration||Cord-Free||Direct Cleaner head|
Soft roller head
Mini Motorized tool
Dyson 206900-01 Ball Multi-Floor
|17.3 pounds||Whole-Machine HEPA Filtration||Upright||Self-adjusting cleaner head|
Instant release wand
|Dyson DC41 Animal Bagless||24 pounds||Canister/HEPA Filtration||Upright||DC41 Animal Vacuum|
Mini Turbine Head
Best Dyson Vacuums Review
1/ Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright - Perfect For All Floors
Dyson’s DC33 vacuum cleaner utilizes revolutionary root cyclone technology for a powerful, efficient suction.
Perfect on any floor type, it comes equipped with both a stair tool and combination accessory tool for cleaner, easier vacuuming.
So far, it has received quite a few positive reviews for its washable HEPA filter that guarantees a fresher, dust-free home.
- Telescope Reach Wand: Light-weight and simple to assemble, the telescope reach wand can extend up to 14.4 feet. It’s perfect for cleaning high corners on the ceiling and slipping between and under furniture.
- Root Cyclone Technology: This vacuum cleaner’s root cyclone technology provides a powerful suction that’s capable of sucking up debris as small as 0.5 microns.
- Washable HEPA Filters: This is perfect for consumers that suffer from asthma or allergies. Certified HEPA filters are capable of trapping microscopic household allergens
2/ Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner - Best Design
This Dyson vacuum model utilizes a cord-free and a perfect easy-to-use design.
Its motorized cleaner head can function on both bare floors and carpets, while its battery can last up to 20 minutes.
Able to convert into a lightweight hand vacuum, this vacuum cleaner is great for cleaning cars, stairs, and upholstery.
- Two Vacuum Heads: This vacuum sealer comes with both the direct drive head and soft roller head. The former is great for regular vacuuming around the house, while the soft roller is designed for bare floors. It’s a convenient 2-in-1 package.
- Charging stand: The charging stand contains a compact, lightweight design for easy storage and portability. It can also hold various accessories that come with the Dyson V6 vacuum cleaner.
- Cord-Free Handheld mode: This Dyson vacuum model is cordless and can convert from its basic upright design into a lightweight handheld option. Easy to store and move, it can be used anywhere, and at any time as long as it’s charged.
3/ Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum - Best All In One
The Dyson V8 vacuum cleaner is the best all-in-one package.
Utilizing both an upright and handheld design, this Dyson vacuum model is cordless but can last up to 40 minutes.
The HEPA filter pairs with the vacuum’s hygienic dirt ejector to provide a cleaner, mess-free vacuuming process.
Featuring 150% more brush bar power than previous Dyson vacuum cleaners, this handy appliance is effective, reliable, and, simply, impressive.
- HEPA Filtration: This Dyson vacuum model is HEPA certified and is designed to rid your home of microscopic allergens. This includes pollen, dust, fur, mold, and dirt.
- Max Power Mode: This vacuum cleaner features both a regular and a max power mode. Regular can last up to 40 minutes and is great for cleaning common dirt and debris. The max power mode can last up to 7 minutes and utilizes an extremely powerful suction to clean up large, frustrating messes.
- Mini Accessories: A set of attachable mini motorized accessories is included when you purchase a Dyson V6 unit. These include the mini soft brush and mini tool. The brush is designed for bare floors, while the mini tool is designed for collecting pet hair on upholstery and furniture.
Check here our detailed review of Dyson V6 vs Dyson V8
4/ Dyson 206900-01 Ball Multi Floor - Best Value
This Dyson vacuum model is another great option when searching for the best Dyson vacuum cleaner. It utilizes a self-adjusting head which is great for both bare floors and thick carpets.
With BallTM technology, this appliance is flexible and easy to maneuver around the house.
Its instant release wand also allows for one-touch hose and wand release. This helps for when you need to reach high corners or tight spaces.
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: The self-adjusting head is a handy feature if you have thick, high pile carpets. It can penetrate the recesses of your carpeting to suck up mold or mildew that may have stuck there.
- BallTM Technology: The ball technology allows for quick and simple steering during vacuuming. Capable of better flexibility, this Dyson vacuum model can slip around and under furniture with little effort.
- Hygienic Bin Emptying: The hygienic bin emptying system allows for quicker and cleaner canister dumping. This can save you both time and money that might have been wasted buying vacuum bags.
5/ Dyson DC41 Animal Bagless Vacuum Cleaner - Best For Pet Hair
The Dyson DC41 utilizes radial root cyclone technology for a perfect and effective suction of pet hair.
Equipped with a self-adjusting head and BallTM technology, this appliance works just as well, if not better, than most Dyson vacuum cleaners.
Durable and reliable, the Dyson DC41 comes with a combination tool and stair tool for deep cleaning carpets. It also specializes in picking up the animal fur on upholstery, furniture, rugs, and hardwood floors.
- Mini Turbine Head: Built to remove pet hair, the turbine head attaches to the wand to suck fur and dirt from hard-to-reach areas.
- Instant Release Wand: With one-touch, the instant release wand can stretch up to 15.4 feet. It’s great for reaching high places and tight spaces.
- Self-Adjusting Cleaner Head: The self-adjusting cleaner head saves you time and energy when transitioning between hardwood floors and thick carpets. Not only that, but it can suck up any hidden dirt, mildew, or mold hiding in the seams of your carpets or rugs.
6/ Dyson DC50 Ball Compact Animal - Best Splurge
Featuring a 25 feet cord and 2 tier radial cyclones, the Dyson DC50 has an extra-long reach and extremely powerful suction.
This vacuum cleaner is equipped with an impressive brush bar that contains a mix of nylon bristles and carbon fiber filaments.
The filaments are static-proof while the bristles can reach deep into your carpet to pull up dirt and mold.
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclones: This provides an extremely powerful suction that effectively captures microscopic dirt and debris. Utilizing tornado-like vacuum speeds, it channels air straight into the reusable dustbin.
- Tangle-Free Turbine: The turbine evades dust, dirt, and hair with its counter-rotating heads. This keeps the vacuum working efficiently and maintenance-free.
- Self-adjusting head: The vacuum head automatically adjusts for thick carpets and bare floors. This keeps the vacuum cleaner from scratching your bare floors while lowering enough to suck dirt and mildew from carpets.
7/ Dyson DC65 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Best Budget
Receiving positive reviews for its tangle-free turbine, this vacuum cleaner is an affordable, handy option for any home.
The Dyson DC65 comes equipped with root radial cyclone technology and 25% more brush bar power.
It comes equipped with both a soft brushing dust for furniture and bare floors, as well as, a multi-angle brush.
- 25% More Brush Bar Power: The Dyson DC65’s brush bar has been renovated to provide 25% more power. This means that it’s capable of digger deeper into carpets and rugs to suck out dirt, debris, and mildew.
- Self-Adjusting Head: The self-adjusting head is perfect for vacuuming all floortypes while preventing scratching on bare floors.
- BallTM: Dyson’s ball technology allows for flexible and maneuverable vacuum cleaners. The Dyson DC65 is capable of slipping beneath and around furniture for easy, reliable vacuuming.
How to Choose a Dyson Vacuum
Choosing the best Dyson vacuum cleaner for your household can become a grueling process. You can easily avoid this by going in prepared. Basically, by knowing what you want and need from a vacuum cleaner.
We recommend that you don’t waste money playing the guessing game. Start by asking questions, and then search for a Dyson vacuum cleaner that can offer you an affordable and reliable solution.
Here are a few things to consider when purchasing a vacuum cleaner:
- Does your home mostly have bare floor? (Hardwood floor, tiles, cement, etc.)
If so, then you should consider purchasing a Dyson vacuum cleaner with dust-brushing attachments. These can slip around corners and into tight spaces without scratching your beautiful floors.
Other options include an adjustable speed feature or a vacuum cleaner that provides the ability to shut off the brush roll. Again, these can protect your floors from being dented or scratched.
- Do you have stairs?
Vacuuming stairs is a nightmare. There’s nothing worse than having to stop and crouch on every step while lugging a heavy vacuum behind you. Unfortunately, stairs tend to be a high-traffic area which means they easily accumulate dirt, pet hair, and dander.
To avoid future back pain, I recommend purchasing a Dyson vacuum cleaner with a long hose and a variety of attachments. An attachment like a mini-motorized tool works wonders for sucking up debris that has grounded into the crevices of your stairs. A one-touch easy release long hose saves you the pain and stress of having to crouch at every step.
Another option is a long extension cord that can stretch across the house. Or even a battery powered, cordless vacuum cleaner that converts into a handheld vac. No matter what, make sure that it is light weight (less than 17 pounds).
- Does your home have a lot of wall-to-wall carpeting?
For houses that have a ton of carpet area, I suggest purchasing a sturdy, upright vacuum cleaner. Dyson vacuum models come with an impressive suction power, as well as, plenty of space in their bags and canisters.
A mini-motorized tool may be your best bet if you’re looking for accessories. A handy feature would be the self-adjustable vacuum head that can get deep into your carpets base.
We don’t recommend purchasing a cordless vacuum if you live in a large home. Depending on the vacuum, the battery may last between 20 to 40 minutes. That’s not enough time to thoroughly clean every carpet-space in a house. However, a cordless vacuum might be okay for an apartment or condo, depending on the size.
- Do you suffer from allergies?
“HEPA Filter.” That’s the term you should look out for. Dyson vacuum cleaners that contain HEPA filters have been certified by the U.S. Department of Energy.
This means that they’re capable of trapping 99.97% of mold, dust, mildew, dander, and pollen that’s lurking in your carpets. If you suffer from allergies or asthma, you can find relief through a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
- Do you want a versatile vacuum cleaner?
If you’re looking for a vacuum for your carpet, furniture, and car, then I suggest a cordless vacuum. Easy to maneuver, take apart, and then put back together, cordless vacuums are the definition of versatile. Most come with tools that can be used on your car’s dashboard, seats, and carpets. Not to mention, they’re typically lightweight and easy to move or store, if you’re in a hurry.
However, upright vacuums can work just, as well. If you have your heart set on an upright vacuum, I suggest you purchase one that comes with a long hose. Also, make sure that it comes with attachments and a long extension cord (at least 35 feet).
What to Look For When Buying the Best Dyson Vacuum?
There are a variety of factors to consider when determining the best Dyson vacuum cleaner currently on the market. It’s important to realize that the best Dyson vacuum cleaner for you may not be the best for somebody else.
Where one might excel, another may fail. That’s why we chose vacuum cleaners that have received positive reviews while outshining its peers in performance, price, and included features.
Mobility & Versatility
The best Dyson vacuum cleaners save you time and money by featuring long extension cords and reusable canisters. They should be lightweight (less than 17 pounds) which makes them portable and easier to maneuver around the house.
Versatility is an important factor when deciding where and how a vacuum cleaner can be used. A versatile and flexible vacuum cleaner can reach between tight spaces, under furniture, and on all types of fabric.
Most importantly, the best Dyson vacuum cleaners can effectively and reliably vacuum any type of floor. This includes carpets, rugs, hardwood floors, and tiles.
Prices for Dyson vacuum cleaners can vary based on design, features, and durability. We determined which Dyson vacuum model excelled in each topic while remaining affordable for the general consumer.
We also took into account excess costs that may be incurred in the future. This includes maintenance, regular care, replacement parts, repairs, and warranties.
Features & Accessories
We believe that the best Dyson vacuum cleaner comes equipped with a unique variety of features and accessories. These include one-touch wands, HEPA filters, and attachable heads specially designed for pet hair.
Features and accessories can help in day-to-day cleaning by saving you time, money, and energy.
Automatic Adjustment Heads
The best Dyson vacuum cleaners feature adjustable vacuum heads for better suction. It’s perfect for thick, high pile carpets that can hide pet dander, dust mites, and dirt deep within its base.
We looked for vacuum cleaners that can function on both bare floors and thick carpets, automatically adjusting for the difference.
The most important function in a vacuum cleaner is its suction. We believe that the best Dyson vacuum cleaner should have a powerful suction capable of picking up large, heavy dirt and debris.
This section focuses on the technology used in designing Dyson vacuum models.
Rather they use cyclone technology, and, if so, how many cyclones are utilized. We also compared customer reviews when determining the consistency and efficiency of each vacuum’s suction.
Dyson Vacuums: Our Verdict and Recommendations
Every Dyson vacuum cleaner has its plus and minuses. Judging which is best for you and your household really depends on what you need and want in a vacuum cleaner.
That being said, we believe that the Dyson V8 Absolute Cord-Free Vacuum is the best Dyson vacuum currently on the market.
The Dyson V8 utilizes the suction power and dust capacity of an upright vacuum, and the flexibility of a cordless. Not only can it vacuum longer than its cordless peers, but it also comes with more accessories than any other Dyson vacuum.
The Dyson V8 also comes with a 5-year warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship.
With 150% more brush bar power, this vacuum cleaner may be expensive, but it’s well worth the price. It comes with a self-adjustable head and handheld option; it can work on any floor type, fabric, or upholstery.
If you’re really looking for the best Dyson vacuum cleaner, the Dyson v8 is the best you can get.
Read our comparison review : Shark vs Dyson
Our Best Dyson Vacuum Review Conclusion
Choosing the best Dyson vacuum cleaner for you and your family depends on what you want. If you can’t afford a Dyson V8, there are plenty of other Dyson vacuum models to choose from.
To save yourself time and money, We suggest searching through a few customer reviews. Try comparing what you find. What are you looking for in the best Dyson vacuum cleaner?