Are you the proud owner of a pet? If you answered yes, you’ll want to invest in a pet-specific vacuum like the Roomba Pet Series.
Pets are so much more than animals, they are members of the family. When you take home your new pet, the farthest thing from your mind is how much more frequently you’ll need to clean.
Pets spend the most time on the ground and tend to leave behind quite a mess of hair, dirt, and saliva. This is especially true for the carpets and floors in your home, as that’s where pets hang out the most. If your dog is a heavy shedder, regular vacuuming really won’t suffice. Here’s how to decide if the Roomba Pet Series robot vacuum is right for you.
What is the Roomba Pet Series?
Before diving into the Roomba Pet Series, let’s first explore what a Roomba is. If you’ve never heard of the Roomba, then you’re in for a treat. A Roomba is a robot vacuum. Not only does this use it’s infrared readers to self-move throughout your home, but it even has a dirt detect feature that allows it to concentrate on the most crucial areas.
This smart vacuum is cordless, so there will be no more tripping or vacuuming over wires. (You’ll be especially thankful for that.) This will even head to its base when it has completed cleaning your carpet or hardwood flooring.
So, now that you have a better understanding of the Roomba itself, let’s focus on the pet series. This series of vacuums is specifically designed for homes with at least one, if not multiple, pets. What makes this top-of-the-line? Here are a few key features that pet owners will appreciate.
Key Features of the Roomba Pet Series
1.Unlike other vacuums, the Roomba Pet Series is designed to pick up dirt, dust bunnies, and pet dander.
2. These vacuums feature HEPA filters. HEPA stands for “high-efficiency particulate air.” This filter is specifically proven to reduce pet dander and allergens in the air. This means your home is less likely to bother visitors with allergies.
3. The larger dirt canister is another feature that pet owners will be thankful for. This translates to two important things. First, owners with one pet will have to empty them less frequently. Secondly, owners with multiple pets won’t have to worry about the bin getting full before the cycle has ended.
4. A side brush makes the vacuuming process more reliable, as the side brush activates first, and then the interior two brushes and vacuum suck it all in.
How can the Roomba help pet owners?
- First and foremost, the Roomba helps owners but conserving their most precious resource – time. The Roomba Pet Series is self-sufficient and does not require you to physically be there like with a traditional vacuum cleaner. On average, the run time for a standard room is around 25 minutes.
- You can also trust this to get the job done, as the Roomba Pet Series is custom made to tackle the disorder left behind by a pet.
- The iRobot Home App allows pet owners to set cleaning schedules that work best for them. If plans change, no problem. The app also allows owners to monitor the cleaning activity in real-time and see if there are any interruptions like a curious pet.
- Be mindful though that this may not vacuum as efficiently on your carpet as on your bare floor. If you have a higher pile carpet or rug, this may be too deep for the Roomba to work on it.
Which Roomba is best to pick up pet hair?
Have you ever been embarrassed by the amount of pet hair covering seemingly every inch of your home? If your dog sheds a lot, there’s no need to stress out. There are several different Roombas for homes with pets. How do you go about making a selection? These are the best ones to pick up pet hair from your floors. If you are on a budget, however, the older models can be just as reliable and less pricey. They all share common features like the Dirt Detect technology, high-efficiency HEPA filters, and the iRobot Home App capability.
Best Roombas for Homes with Pets
- Roomba 980 – This one was voted best of the year by USA Today network. It is easy to see why. Firstly, it self-determines the level of suction power needed, depending on the surface. The motor is one of the strongest, with 10x the average cleaning power. It also lacks the bristles many of the other models have that may scratch specific types of more sensitive hardwood floors. The run time can last longer than other models at up to 120 minutes.
- Roomba 960 – A more affordable model, the Roomba 960 still has powerful suction, at 5x the average. It also has the advanced sensors that make smart decisions in navigating your home. It can even traverse multiple rooms.
- Roomba 675 – Though an older model, the Roomba 690 doesn’t skimp when it comes to features. It can run for up to 90 minutes at a time and still has some of the most loved Roomba features like multi-surface level brushes and cliff detect technology. (This means it won’t fall down the stairs). It is a great option for those looking to purchase a trustworthy robot vacuum at a lower price.
If you’re a busy pet owner, you may want to also add a top-rated house cleaning service to the mix. While your Roomba focuses on your floor, these professionals can assist with other areas of the house that could use a deep cleaning.
Does Roomba really work for dog hair?
One of the more frequently asked questions when it comes to purchasing a Roomba is, does this really work for dog hair? The simple answer to that is yes. The Roomba Pet Series approaches this from multiple angles. There are quite a few new models to choose from, depending on your preferences and budget. These models have heavy suctioning power coupled with the HEPA filters and multi-surface brushes to pick up even the most stubborn dander.
Is Roomba i7 good for pet hair?
The Roomba i7 is one of the latest and most popular Roomba models available. There are a few general features that have made it a popular choice for pet owners.
1. Keep Out Zones – The i7 has a technology that allows it to map out the entire space and create virtual walls that stop it from entering certain areas. There are no issues with it running into table legs or fragile objects.
2. Elevated Customizability – Scheduling for this model is even more advanced. You can program it to tackle the spaces you want on certain days of the week. It can differentiate rooms. For example, it knows which area is your kitchen and which is your Living Room. This makes it simple to schedule your i7 to clean the exact way you want.
3. Rubber Brushes – Another unique feature is the rubber brushes. While these are still designed for multi-surfaces, they have one huge advantage for vacuuming pet hair. These brushes will not get tangled with pet hair.
4. High-Efficiency Filters – The i7, similarly to the other models, still runs with high-efficiency filters. This provides the same reliability in removing the allergens from pet hair in your home.
These are just a few of the ways in which the i7 shines when it comes to keeping your floor clean. Check out this Roomba i7 Review for a comprehensive comparison. The review explores in further detail how the newest release takes smart technology in robot vacuums to a whole new level.
Overall when selecting the best vacuum to clean your home, there are many options on the market. Don’t let this overwhelm you, though. The benefit of having multiple options is you can truly pick the one that works for you. Having a pet is a special experience, though the additional cleaning may not be. The Roomba Pet Series literally and figuratively takes the manual labor and hassle out of cleaning. It is designed to leave your home gleaming, no matter how many pets you have. It also works on your time, with convenient Wi-Fi capability and app integration. Using a robot vacuum means no more disgusting piles of dog hair waiting for you when you return home. Everyone can agree on the joy of that!